A student's academic transcript includes all course work, undergraduate and/or graduate, taken while enrolled at UNC Asheville at the time it is issued. Official transcripts include:
- Full Legal Name
- Student ID Number
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Attempted Hours
- Credit Hours
- Transfer Hours
- Quality Points
- All UNC Asheville Courses and Grades by Semester
- Major and Minors declared
- Degrees Awarded (if applicable)
Note: Processing time for transcripts is 5-7 business days from the point the request is received. The Office of the Registrar only processes official transcript requests.
Note: To pick up a transcript in-person, the student must present a picture ID. Transcripts cannot be released to a third party without the prior written consent of the student.
Currently enrolled students have two options to request an official transcript:
- To order an electronic copy (PDF), please submit the request through the National Student Clearinghouse website. There is a fee of $4.50 per request assessed by the NSC for this service.
- To mail or pick-up a paper copy, please submit the request in OnePort. Select the "Request Official Transcript" link under the Student Records section in the left-side menu when you log in and follow the instructions. This option is free of charge.
Note: Please be aware that grading, degrees, and other end of semester processes start on the first day of finals. Requesting a transcript be sent before the conclusion of this process may result in an incomplete transcript. We encourage current students to utilize the "hold for grades" or "hold for degree" options as appropriate.
Former Students & Alumni
The National Student Clearinghouse provides an online ordering service for UNC Asheville students (current, former, and alumni). The options available are a printed paper copy or an electronic copy (PDF). There is a small processing fee, per recipient, assessed by the NSC for this service. The fee varies by delivery method - $4.50 for electronic and $2.50 for paper.
To order an official transcript, visit the National Student Clearinghouse secure site.
Transcripts cannot be released to any student who has a financial obligation to the university or any other transcript hold on their account. Students must clear transcript holds for financial obligations with the Student Accounts Office before a transcript request can be processed. To view holds, students should log into their OnePort account.
- Students must present a picture ID in order to pick up a transcript.
- Transcripts cannot be released to a third party without the student's prior written consent.
- UNC Asheville does not fax transcripts.
- Transcripts not picked up within 30 days of the request will be shredded.
For questions, contact the Academic Success Center at 828.350.4500 or via email at ASC@unca.edu.