In cooperation with the National Student Clearinghouse, UNC Asheville provides a free self-service program that allows students to verify and view enrollment information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is available for current students who have OnePort access and have attended UNC Asheville since 1998 for any length of time. Students will need to provide their social security number (SSN) to the Clearinghouse in order to request an enrollment verification report. The SSN is used by the Clearinghouse to identify a student and is not released for any other purpose.
Requesting Enrollment Verification through OnePort
Students may access the National Student Clearinghouse Self-Service site from OnePort.
- After logging into OnePort, select "Student Records" under the LaunchPad menu on the left side.
- Click "Enrollment Verification", enter your OnePort login, and click the link to the National Student Clearinghouse Self-Service site.
- Students will be forwarded to a 'Welcome' page and prompted to select a service. If you have questions or concerns, contact the National Student Clearinghouse at email@example.com or by phone at 703.742.4200.
From the Clearinghouse site, students may access the following services:
- Obtain an enrollment certificate to print and mail to healthcare providers, insurance companies or other agencies that request proof of enrollment status. Helpful Tip #1: For health insurance providers, be sure to include policy numbers, group type (if appropriate), and any supporting forms or identifying documentation provided by the insurance company with your enrollment status report when you send it to them.
- View the enrollment information on file with the Clearinghouse.
- View the student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to loan lenders and guarantors.
- View the proof(s) of enrollment that the Clearinghouse has provided to health insurers and other providers of student services or products.
- View specific information about student loans. Helpful Tip #2: Do not use this enrollment status report in place of your required documents you must have completed for your student loans.