Applying for benefits for the first time? Veterans applying for benefits for the first time must:
- Apply for admission to UNC Asheville at www.unca.edu/admissions.
- Complete an Application for Benefits form 22-1990 online.
- Upon enrolling, submit either a DD-214 form showing honorable discharge OR the Notice of Basic Eligibility (N.O.B.E.) for reservists to the Office of the Registrar.
- Complete a Certification of Enrollment form in the Office of the Registrar. Veterans must have initially completed steps 1-3 above before completing this step. This step is necessary in order for educational benefits to be received. A Certification of Enrollment form must be completed each year.
Already receiving benefits?
- Each year you must complete a Certification of Enrollment form in the Office of the Registrar. This form must be received before your courses can be certified.
- Veterans who have previously received benefits at another school can transfer their benefits by submitting a Change of Place of Training or Program form, available online or in the Office of the Registrar. This form is also required for any student intending to change their major or concentration, and should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar prior to the change.
Contact the on-campus Veterans Coordinator at 828.251.6574
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org on March 25, 2013