The University of North Carolina Online offers comprehensive descriptions of and contact, application, admission, and tuition and fee information for more than 190 online programs in 22 fields of study offered by the 16 constituent universities of one of the world’s most prestigious university systems.
Students wanting to take courses through the UNC Online initiative should review the relevant policies and deadlines governing participation. Once students have determined they meet the requirements for participation, they may search for available courses being offered by each UNC institution for a given term.
Once a course is identified, students should follow the following steps to request approval:
- Login using your home campus credentials as directed. The login link is located in the top right corner of the Search for Courses page
- Search for the course(s) in which you are interested
- Select Register under the appropriate course prefix and number
- Select Add to Bookbag
- Review the items in your bookbag for accuracy and make any adjustments
- Select Register for Courses
- Follow remaining instructions to complete your request
PLEASE NOTE: The process to take a UNC Online course is all online - there is no paper application. Students must meet the required guidelines and follow the steps above to request permission to take an online course at another UNC institution. Requests initially go to the student's home institution and, if approved, are sent to the visiting institution for approval via the online system. Students receive emails regarding the status of their request after each approval step is completed.
Last edited by email@example.com on November 23, 2010