Graduation and Commencement
UNC Asheville confers degrees three times during the academic year:
- At the end of the Fall semester
- At the end of the Spring semester
- At the end of the Summer term
Formal commencement ceremonies are held in December and May.
Students must submit an online application for graduation through their OnePort account by the appropriate deadline listed below. Students who do not submit the application by 10 p.m. on the deadline day will be required to pay a late application fee of $100 prior to applying.
The deadlines to apply to graduate are:
- May graduation -- Apply by December 1 of the preceding year
- Summer graduation -- Apply by June 1
- December graduation -- Apply by September 1
Submitting the application well in advance of the deadline allows time for notification of outstanding requirements, giving you the opportunity to correct a problem that may prevent you from graduating as planned.
Last edited by firstname.lastname@example.org on August 12, 2014